Meet the people behind the Sunshine Coast ElderCollege
The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors oversees the operation of the Sunshine Coast ElderCollege Society. This includes developing policy and procedures, and overseeing program development for the effective operation of ElderCollege.
Monthly meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month.
The Annual General Meeting takes place in August when new Board members are elected. Board members serve two terms, each term has a duration of two years.
The Officers of the Board include the Chair, Vice-chair, Past-chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
2022 to 2023 Board of Directors
- Mary Beth Knechtel, Chair
- Jacqueline Schach, Vice-Chair and Secretary
- Ann Hopkins, Past-Chair
- Loraine Gallant, Treasurer
- JoAnne Bentley
- Ian Cochran
- Sahra Hailey
- Bryan Norton, Registrar
- Stephen Williamson
- Ex Officio Members:
- Thomas Kern, Program Committee Chair
- Suzanne Perreault, CapU Liaison
The Program Committee
The Program Committee plans and carries out the Sunshine Coast ElderCollege course program with the approval of the Board. It is made up of a minimum of ten people, approved by the Board:
- Chair, ex officio member of the Board
- The Current Board Past Chair
- At least seven others with broad interests and experience and having the skills necessary to both propose and facilitate courses.
- One of: the Program committee Chair, Vice-Chair or Current Board Past Chair attends Board meetings and reports on behalf of the Committee to the Board at each of its meetings.
All members serve for a one-year term with no limit on the number of re-appointments.
2021 to 2022 Program Committee
- Thomas Kern, Chair
- Barb Chapman, Secretary
- Karen Bell
- Michael Bradley
- Juergen Dankwort
- Nancy Essex
- Michael Healey
- Dana Jantzen
- Harriet Hunter
- Monika Karpinska
- Laura Maddalozzo
- Keith Maxwell
- Kareen McCaughan
- Ken Parker
- Jack Pope